1. Respecting your privacy
Skye Cellars is committed to compliance with privacy laws which apply to its businesses and which set out standards for the management of personal information. This policy outlines our personal information management practices.Specifically:
- The kinds of personal information we collect and hold.
- How we collect and hold it.
- The purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose it.
- Your right to access and seek correction of it.
- How you may complain about privacy matters.
- Our sharing of your personal information overseas.
There are some matters to which this policy does not apply. Refer clause 9 below.
2. What kinds of personal information does Skye Cellars collect and hold?
The personal information we collect and hold is what is reasonably necessary for our business functions and activities. When we collect and hold personal information, it is of the following kinds:
- Your personal details such as your name, email address, addresses, telephone numbers, age and gender.
- Your Skye Cellars Membership number.
- Whether you have taken up some of our other offerings, such as membership of our Skye Cellars Membership program.
- Any rewards and redemption details applicable to your membership of Skye Cellars Membership program.
- Whether you have a connection with others whose personal information we may collect or hold, for example family members who may be linked to your loyalty program membership.
- What, how and when you buy from us or have expressed an interest in buying from us;
- Your stated or likely preferences, for example whether you may be interested in particular products or promotions.
Depending on the nature of your dealings with us, we may collect and hold other types of personal information. For example, information collected and held via our secure financial systems about the debit or credit card you might use for your purchases from us.
3. How do we collect and hold personal information?
When we collect personal information about you, we do so by making a record of it. We do this when:
- You register with us (via email or facebook), for example to create an account, to become a member of Skye Cellars Membership program, to buy from our website or to send you information.
- You purchase through our website
- You communicate with us online.
- You take part in our promotions, competitions, testimonials, surveys and focus groups.
- You deal with us in other ways involving a need for personal information to be provided such as when you contact one of our Customer Service Team.
- We may also collect personal information about you by accessing data from other sources and then analysing that data together with the information we already hold about you in order to learn more about your likely preferences and interests.
- Most of the personal information we collect and hold about you is from your direct dealings with us. We may sometimes collect your personal information other than from you directly. For example from other suppliers who, in common with us, have a relationship with you.
Holding of personal information: Personal information we hold is generally stored in computer systems. These may be operated by us or by our service providers. In all cases, we have rigorous information security requirements aimed at eliminating risks of unauthorised access to, and loss, misuse or wrongful alteration of, personal information.
4. Why do we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information?
When Skye Cellars collect, hold and use your personal information, we do so primarily to sell and promote our goods and services to you and to improve on the range of our offerings through Direct Marketing.
- To inform you on our specials.
- To learn of your likely preferences so that we may promote our goods and services to you in a way which may be of most interest to you.
- To assist in investigating your complaints and enquiries.
We may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for other purposes which are within reasonable expectations or where permitted by law.When marketing to you, your personal information is only ever used or disclosed for Skye Cellars own purposes. You may opt out of our direct marketing to you. Our direct marketing materials will tell you how to do this.We may de-identify your personal information. We may do this for use and disclosure of the anonymous data to determine preferences and shopping patterns.
5. How can you enquire about, access and correct your personal information?
6. How can you complain about our management of personal information?
If you wish to complain about a breach of the privacy rules that bind us, you may contact the Managing Director at one of the above contact points. We may ask you to put your complaint in writing and to provide details about it.We may discuss your complaint with our personnel and our service providers and others as appropriate.Our Managing Director will investigate the matter and attempt to resolve it in a timely way. Our Managing Director will inform you in writing about the outcome of the investigation. If our Managing Director does not resolve your complaint to your satisfaction and no other complaint resolution procedures are agreed or required by law, our Managing Director will inform you that your complaint may be referred to the Privacy Commissioner for further investigation and will provide you with the Commissioner's contact details.
7. Our sharing of your personal information overseas
It is our policy to require all of our overseas sharing of personal information to be done in a way which requires observance of strict privacy and security standards, both during transit and at the overseas destination.We may allow your personal information to be shared with those who are in countries other than your own location.We do this:
- Where we have made a business decision to store our data with a trusted service provider who is in the business of providing data storage and processing services. Examples are those who store and process our email and mobile application data. These services commonly involve diverse geographic locations which change from time to time for reasons which include data protection and processing efficiency. Where these services are used by us, it is not practical for us to notify you of which country your personal information may be located in.
- When our supply to you necessarily involves overseas disclosures. For example a reinsurer of some of our insurance offerings uses computer systems in geographically located outside Australia to store insurance-related personal information.
- Where you are involved with public liability issues concerning a product we may disclose your personal information to any overseas supplier of such a product in the course of managing those issues.
- Technical information such as your computer’s IP address and your browser type.
- Information about your visit such as the products you viewed or searched for, the length of your visit and the pages that you visited.
Cookies help us gather and store information about visitors to our websites. They help our websites remember what you chose on previous pages (to avoid having to re-enter information) and can help us to identify you as a unique visitor, tailor content based on past visitation and provide you with an optimised experience. Our cookies typically do not gather personally identifiable information.
10. Other privacy terms and limits of this policy
This is a policy. There may be additional privacy notices and terms relevant to you depending on the nature of your dealings with us and on our particular businesses. There are additional privacy terms in our Skye Cellars Membership and for use of Skye Cellars sites, for example.Skye Cellars have separate policies concerning our employees: this policy does not apply to the personal information of our employees in their capacity as such.
11. More information